Load time is the time taken by the website to load from server to your system. In blogging load time matters a lot, if your website takes more than expected time to load then people will move for other options. It will reduce the traffic generated on your website and there is a theory behind it.
Performance of website is directly proportional to the load time
Load.in is a website which provides the online tool to check the load time of your website from various parts of the world. It will help you to see how fast your website loads in different browsers from 50 different cities of the world.
Features of the tool that Check the load time –
1. Calculate the load time of any website.
2. Also check the load time of any webpage if you wish.
3. Provides the screenshots of your website at different time while checking the load time.
4. Show errors or warnings, if occurred.
5. It is a totally free and online tool to check the load time.
6. Use four different browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome) to calculate load time.
7. Evaluate load time from 50 different cities of the world.
8. Provide Waterfall Chart for each element of your website with its load time.
9. You can select the specific location and browser for subsequent checking.
Use Following Tools
Top 5 free tools for testing your website’s speed
- Test the page load speed of individual pages on website.
- Get suggestions on how to improve your website’s overall speed and performance.
- Improve your SEO rankings after increasing your page load speeds.
- Decrease your bounce rate and increase your page views after increasing your page load speeds.
//tools.pingdom.com/fpt/Pingdom is a website monitoring service that offers free speed tests. Pingdom will display the load time of your web page and also provide you with a performance grade based on several important factors.
If you want Pingdom to continuously monitor your website’s uptime, speed, and performance they offer monthly plans starting at $15/month(or $14/month when paid annually).
//gtmetrix.comGTmetrix is a free tool that grades your website’s speed.
Not only does GTmetrix provide your page speed, but it will also analyze around 30 different ways to improve your website’s speed and performance. You’ll even see your website’sYSlow grade.
If you signup for a free account you’ll be able to track the history of your reports for up to 5 websites.
Paid plans are available starting a $15/monthand include the ability to track more URLs, hourly monitoring, PDF reports, and more.
//www.webpagetest.orgWebPagetest is a free online tool that displays the load time of your web page as well as 6 different performance grades.
If you click on “Page Speed” after running a test you’ll find an overall grade as well as a checklist of some suggested changes (in order of importance) for increasing your website’s speed.
One cool feature of WebPagetest is the ability to select the country from which to run your test. This can be used to track how your speeds vary across the world.
//yslow.orgYSlow is a free plugin for your browser that can check the performance of any web page you visit.
While YSlow won’t tell you the actual load time of a specific web page, it will provide more than 20 different performance grades, as well as advice on how to improve both speed and performance.
What you have to do is enter the URL of any website and hit Go. Wait for few seconds while loading takes place. Then it will show the load time of the entered website at any random location. You may also choose any particular city with browser and then check the load time. So, evaluate your website load time by using above websites.