An upgrade on a Tecno. Does that sound familiar? No, of course not, but it’s happening.Tecno finally did it and we’re happy for every Tecno Camon C8 User who has been waiting patiently for the release of Marshmallow Android 6.0 for Camon C8.
How To Download And Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Tecno Camon C8
Although this is not exactly as simple as just hitting upgrade in your settings, it’s not rocket science either, if you follow instructions spiritually.
There are two methods of upgrading the device, either through SD Card or through SP Flashtool. However, we will favour the SD Card flash method over the SP FLASH TOOL because of the relative ease and we will provide instruction for the SD Card update method ONLY!
DISCLAIMER : we can never be held responsible for any damage that may occur to your phone while attempting the flash, however you should be fine if you follow instructions carefully.
HOW TO INSTALL ANDROID 6.0 MARSHMALLOW ON CAMON C8 VIA SD CARD
Before we proceed:
- your device must be unrooted
- you must have a stable internet connection
1. Download the Tcard_update_20160415 from HERE
NOTE: THE DOWNLOAD IS OVER 800MB, A FAST INTERNET CONNECTION AND/OR ZEN PATIENCE REQUIRED!
2. Place Tcard_update_20160415 on your SD Card (DO NOT PUT IT INSIDE ANY FOLDER, LEAVE IT AT THE ROOT OF THE STORAGE DEVICE)
3. Switch off your Camon C8
4. Hold Power Button + Volume Up
When the startup logo appears release the Power Button ONLY
You will see the android logo appear as shown below
Now release the Volume Up button
5. Again, hold the Power Button for 2 seconds and then press Volume Up button
WITHOUT RELEASING THE POWER BUTTON.
You will see the interface below:
6. Use Volume Down to navigate to Apply update from sdcard then press thePower Button to select
7. You will enter a new interface as shown below.
Use the Volume Down to navigate to Tcard_update_20160415 then select it with the Power Button
8. The installation will begin and when it is done you will see the interface below. Select Reboot system now
9. The phone will reboot. This could take long, maybe upto 5 minutes.
After the boot is done, you should have Tecno’s Custom HiOS and Marshmallow 6.0 on your C8.